Agora Object: A 2977
Inventory Number:   A 2977
Section Number:   Ι 1650
Title:   Triglyph with Mason's Mark
Category:   Architecture Marble
Description:   Good anathyrosis on left side; right side very rough; back scooped out to reduce weight (?). On top, large cutting for double T-clamp on left side, connecting not with metope but a backer. Two pry holes; mason's mark in form of Δ. Top of channels sharply curved and slightly undercut. Fair work.
Possibly reused in Southeast Temple.
Pentelic marble.
Notes:   Found at R/6-15/12 (Fall 2016).
Context:   From foundations of tower of Late Roman Fortification at S.W. corner of Library of Pantainos.
Notebook Page:   3206, 3272-3273
Negatives:   Leica, 88-137
PD Number:   PD 1270, PD 1273, PD 2477
Dimensions:   H. 0.696, (headband) 0.082, (metope headband) 0.075, (mason's mark) 0.033; D. (front to back) 0.41; W. (on front) 0.447, (of metope slot) 0.085
Material:   Marble (Pentelic)
Date:   August 1959
Section:   Ι
Bibliography:   Hesperia 51 (1982), pp. 415, 440, 442, figs. 5, 15, 18, no. D 3.
References:   Publication: Hesperia 51 (1982)
Plans and Drawings (8)
Image: 1997.09.0341 (88-137)
Image: 2014.01.0057
Card: A 2977