|Inventory Number:||A 3010|
|Section Number:||Ι 1678|
|Description:||The second, fifth and seventh drums from the top survive, the seventh marked ΗΗΗ, being the bottom drum. The top drum also survives but retains no letter and so cannot be assigned with certainty.|
One of the series A 3008 - A 3011 and A 2987 and A 2988.
White, strongly laminated marble.
Apparently from the late 5th c. B.C., but reused in the Roman period before being employed in the Late Roman Fortification Wall. At the time of this earlier reuse, the fluting seems to have been cut for the first time and many of the contact surfaces were roughly worked.
|Notes:||For a), cf. photo on p. 3252 in notebook.|
Found at R/16-15/14 (Fall 2016).
|Context:||Late Roman Fortification, at S.W. corner of Library of Pantainos. Cf. A 3008.|
|Notebook Page:||3400, 3293|
|PD Number:||PD 1284|
|Dimensions:||H. a) 0.715, b) 0.825, c) 0.895, d) 0.79; Diam. a) (upper) 0.75, b) (upper) 0.77, c) (upper) 0.93, d) (upper) 0.84, a) (lower) 0.80, b) (lower) 0.825, c) (lower) 0.953, d) (lower) 0.98|
|Chronology:||5th c. B.C.|
|Date:||1 September 1959|
|Bibliography:||AgoraPicBk 21 (1984), fig. 25.|
|Hesperia 51 (1982), p. 446, fig. 24, no. E 3.|
|References:||Publication: AgoraPicBk 21 (1984)|
Publication: Hesperia 51 (1982)
Plans and Drawings (7)
Card: A 3010
Card: A 3010