|Inventory Number:||A 5191|
|Section Number:||ΗΑ 491|
|Description:||Largely complete. Acanthus leaves' tips of first row broken off. Originally covered in plaster and painted. "In the final period of the church all the capitals were painted in bright colors trimmed with gilt." Agora XX, p. 41. Traces of stucco and red and blue paint still visible. |
Three rows of acanthus leaves from which rise four pair of inner spirals with median interlaced stalk. The leaves are thin with deep drilled holes. Two corners of the abacus preserved with projecting volutes. Three rosettes (out of four) preserved, one smaller than the other two.
|Notes:||Inventoried September 2011.|
Found at O/16-16/5 (Fall 2016).
THE CARD IS PRINTED.
|Context:||Used as NW capital of the church of the Holy Apostles. Removed in 1954.|
|Notebook Page:||187-188, 207, 219, 494|
|Negatives:||Section ΗΑ 70, Section ΗΑ 71, Section ΗΑ 140, Section ΗΑ 282, LXVI-25|
|Bibliography:||Agora XX, pl. 5d.|
|References:||Publication: Agora XX|
Card: A 5191