|Inventory Number:||A 5192|
|Section Number:||ΗΑ 492|
|Title:||Leaf Capital: Lotus and Acanthus Capital|
So-called Tower of the Winds type, with lotus leaves springing from behind a single row of acanthus.
Originally covered in plaster and painted. "In the final period of the church all the capitals were painted in bright colors trimmed with gilt." Agora XX, p. 41. Whitish marble with remain of stucco and paint in interstices and mostly on the abacus.
Cf. Ginouves (1992), pl. 53.8 for the type.
|Notes:||Inventoried September 2011.|
THE CARD IS PRINTED.
|Context:||Used as SW capital of the church of the Holy Apostles and re-used at the same position in the restoration of the church in 1954.|
|Notebook Page:||186, 217, 219|
|Negatives:||Section ΗΑ 72, Section ΗΑ 75, 82-568, LXVI-26|
|Bibliography:||Walker (1979), p. 118, fig. 18.|
|Agora XX, pl. 5, c.|
|References:||Publication: Agora XX|
Card: A 5192