|Inventory Number:||B 687|
|Section Number:||ΙΙ 477|
|Description:||Two spare hooks and bits of wire coils and chain seem to belong.|
After cleaning, the arm is seen to consists of a shaft rectangular in section slightly thicker at one end than at the other, and finished at each end with a neat conical tip. At varying distances from the thicker end are three rings, flat in section, attached to the arm each on different side.
On the uppermost of these the hook is still in place. The hook is rounded; broad and flat in section below and diminishing above to a wire which forms a loop passing through the ring, fastened by being wound the top of the hook.
From the two lower rings the hooks are broken off, but remain. A fragment consisting of two loops of heavy bronze wire, linked together, and one with the end heavily bound round, also remains and appears to belong.
|Context:||Brick shaft, change of fill, drain fill.|
|Negatives:||Leica, Various vii-83|
|Dimensions:||L. 0.199; Th. (arm) 0.006; W. (hook in place) 0.007|
|Date:||10 May 1939|
|Bibliography:||AgoraPicBk 12 (1971), fig. 16.|
|References:||Publication: AgoraPicBk 12 (1971)|
Deposit: U 22:1
Deposit: U 22:1.3
Card: B 687
Card: B 687